Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Miracle of Being Receptive to the Gospel PODCAST

Listen to internet radio with StevenStreight on Blog Talk Radio


Sermon 73 "The Miracle of Being Receptive to the Gospel"

If you turned to Christ for forgiveness of sins and eternal salvation, you are one in a million. Jesus said "many are called, but few are chosen", which means only a tiny percentage of humanity accept Christ and get chosen into the family of God by way of this decision to have faith.

Raised by an atheist father and a vaguely Christian, non-church going mother, my act of repentance and conversion when I first heard the gospel really explained at a Mennonite church camp -- this was a miracle.

I often think about the many who hear and reject the good news of salvation in Christ. The multitudes laugh, scoff, say "I don't believe in that religious garbage" or "God is just a crutch" (the phrase my dad tried to drill into my head).

Let's examine what the Bible says about the difficulty that the vast majority have in coming to Christ and accepting the free gift of eternal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, but published within 24 hours.